For many people, clutter can be barrier to beginning the home selling or buying process. When clutter invades, it can often be hard to decide where to begin. As a result, many people choose to ignore the problem and put off until later the daunting task of decluttering. In his Becoming Minimalist blog post “How to Declutter Large, Overwhelming Spaces,” Joshua Becker provides a step-by-step plan for tackling the clutter. I have included the key steps of Joshua’s plan below:
1. Remove the easiest things first.
2. Discard larger items next.
3. Donate items instead of selling them.
4. Break your large space into smaller bite-size challenges.
5. Work until your bite-size piece is completed.
6. Physically touch each item and sort into keep, remove, or relocate.
7. Organize what’s left.
The blog post can be read in full here: https://www.becomingminimalist.com/declutter-large-spaces/